(Community of the Risen Lord)
We are a Catholic lay charismatic community with the vision of taking the Baptism of the Holy Spirit to the whole Catholic Church and building mature Catholics who walk in the Spirit. Over the years we have been blessed to see the mighty hand of God upon our lives and our ministry. Many have experienced the Living Christ and have found great purpose and meaning in their lives. The Word of God says that we were created to praise God and that He dwells among the praises of His people. Our weekly Praise and Worship meeting is an opportunity to lift our voice to God in thanksgiving as He in turn replaces our burdened and weary lives with His strength and peace, falling at the feet of Jesus, letting Him minister to us through His Word. We learn to let go of our limited nature and allow God to take over our problems and struggles, relaxing into the faithfulness of His promises and His unfailing love. It’s an opportunity to fall back in love with God and learn about the spirituality of the saints, developing a deeper understanding of the Catholic sacramental life and the beauty of our Catholic faith.
When: 4th Saturdays (Praise & Worship night) – St John 23rd Parish Church
Time: after 6:00pm vigil mass
The CRL has many ministries for individuals from all walks of life. These ministries are aimed at providing spiritual growth and also to reach out to the world that is in need of Christ. We would love to help you use your gifts and get involved in changing the world, one life at a time. CRL ministries include:
- Kids’ Ministry (aged less than 12) – First Saturday of every month; at the kitchen area of St John 23rd Church; 4.30-5.30pm.
- Youth Ministry (13-21 years) – Second Saturday of every month, after the Vigil Mass (around 7pm) at St John 23rd Church. CRL youth serve at the Mass with reading, offertory, collections and music ministry.
- Young Adults’ Ministry (ages 21-35) – Fourth Saturday of every month, after the Vigil Mass (around 7pm) at St John 23rd Church.
- Family Ministry – (for couples married or preparing for marriage, can attend as individuals too, single parents are welcome.) First Saturday of every month, at 38 Butterfly Lane, The Ponds; 7.30-9.00pm.
- Men’s Ministry (>30 yrs of age) – Fourth Monday of every month, at 96, Elmstree Road, Stanhope Gardens; 8.00-9.30pm.
- Hospital Ministry – to pray with the sick, at home or in hospital.
In addition to the our many ministries, we meet every Friday at 7.30pm at Our Lady of the Rosary Church, Old hall, Kellyville. We have Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament on the Second Friday of every month (in the church).
Call us or email us for more information, or just drop in when the ministries are happening.
Contact – Asela- 0400 280 886; Suni- 0427 280 888; Wiranjan – 0424 738 484
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org/Sydney.php